Friday, September 17, 2010

Dear Edward

Dear Edward,

How are you? What is it like to be up there? Did you make any good friends? Old friends? Ah Tai (great grannie, ah po) was there since 2001, you prolly have not seen Gung Gung (granddad). You can catch up with him since he was always never around with mummy.

It's been 8 to 9 years since we last met. I have grown to an adult for you can see, I'm going 25 this year.

Mommy occasionally ask if we're still keeping in touch. Obviously we have not spoken since then.

I still remember you have VERY cursive writing that I have hard time recognizing words and you looked kind, soft spoken, weak, hospitable, warm, loving husband and father. Glad Jenny and Jeremiah loved you to bits. I never knew how old you were till I saw the memorial site that Jenny created. She must have been dear to you for the longest time.


I just want you to know that I admire your courage of confessing to me that you're my dad when I was 8. Needless to say i was naive and young. If only I could turn back time and ask "Where do you come from? How old are you? What's your favourite sport? What's your favourite food? What's your dream? Can I see your younger days photos? What's your profession? Are you a uni grad?" and etc. 

And I want you to know, I have thought of you but it was just a matter of time. You left before I am even prepared. Let God guide you the way and live in peace Edward. I shall see you when my time is due.

Your Long Lost Daughter,
Sharon Chin Suet Erh.

No comments: